Individual Report

|
1. How is your understanding of the topic after doing the project? Understanding about interactive multimedia?

Websites has become very common among the society especially in the multimedia technology era. After doing this project, it has built my understanding not only regarding websites, also I could explore more and fully utilize the software such as Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash and so on. By using all these software, it helps to enhance most of the photos and graphics such as a photo after editing by using Photoshop, it will become more attractive no matter in its colour or designs. Besides, I also learn how to build an interesting and eye-catching website. To create an excellent website, not only need the knowledge of various computer software’s or IT, but also need other supporting factors. For example, content, layout, colours, spacing, timing and so on are all important aspects that have to be taken care of. Also, understanding the usage of the website is a must in creating a website. We have to know what is the purpose and target of the website in order to fit and reach the right target group of visitors. This also helps to decide the usage of previous aspects that I mentioned above.

Furthermore, this assignment has shown the importance and usefulness of interactive multimedia. Previously, I have experience in using a software to produce some artworks at a time. However, to complete the website of “Celebrating Malaysia's Cultural Heritage”, it trained me to combine and utilize each softwares that I have learned at a same time. It has become a very useful experience in doing so and this has shown the powerful of interactive multimedia. I have to admit that the advancement of technology has made our life easier especially in creating artwork and website. Therefore, no matter how many software we learn, it still depends ourselves on how to fully utilize the software by merging them and produce a great piece of work. I believe in the future, there is much more interactive multimedia that can be discovered and expand dramatically among IT industry.

2. What were the problems faced since Proposal 2? How did you/your team solve your group problems?

As “group assignment” means a work or project that need to be done in a team. Thus, the most important aspect is the team work among group members. Honestly, I do appreciate all the works that our group members done so far except Allan. We do really want to do a great work in a team, but Allan was not cooperating well in doing all the assignments. To avoid any misunderstanding among group members, as a team leader, I do give few chances to Allan and we do talk to him about this matter. However, he did not show any improvement of putting effort into the project. So, we just ignore him and excluded him from our team.

Moreover, time management is one of our difficulties as well. Each of us has lots of other proposal to be done, and we have different timetables to follow. Therefore, sometimes it is hard for us to gather all the members to discuss assignment together. To overcome this problem, usually we fully utilize the tutorial time to discuss and the final decisions is determine by the leader ---- me!

3. What would you do differently next time?

As a leader, I will manage the time properly other than utilizing the tutorial time, we should discuss more after class in order to produce a better quality work. This also helps all the members to know what others doing and the progressing of whole assignment.
Other than time management, observation and analysis of all members strength and weakness are important as well. Its will make my life more easier.

4. How is your motivation level?

As a team leader, I need to manage not only my part of work, also have to make sure the progression of the whole project. Thus, I do face a very pressure moment. However, I am getting mentally support and motivation from my family and friends. For instance, sometimes I will go to sports with my family members to relax myself. Besides, my friends are giving me advices and accompany me when I am depressed and run out of ideas. For sure, my “friends” are including my group mates. Sometimes they do give me the motivation to complete the work confidently and make me believe that as long as we work together, there is nothing we can’t solve ---impossible is nothing.

5. How was working with your group & group leader?

I have completed several project with my group mates. In my opinions, other than Allan, I feel very lucky to be in a group with them. They are responsible and willing to help each other when facing problems. My group mates also very cooperate where they respect my decision as a team leader. Thank you very much! And Bravo!Good Job and Well Done to all.

6. How was it working on the project?

Completing all of these project, it gives me lots of great experiences, memories and skills. I have learned a lot being as a team leader. I have to manage the problems of group member and ensure the progression of the project. Moreover, it is very happy and exciting to work together with my group mates. The process of preparing our project will be an unforgettable memory for me. At last, definitely it helps to enhance my software skills. Honestly, I am proud of myself, my group mates and our project, “Celebrating Malaysia's Cultural Heritage”.

7. Update on what you have been writing previously?

Well, there is not much to update due to what is decide is decided and what is done is done. Other than the homepage design, there is no others changes, everything was going very smoothly and accordingly to what had plan.

8. How were your teammates?

I would like that say that this team/group – Malaysian Mores are perfect, but in the fact, there’s nothing perfect. The only flaw in the Malaysian Mores was one of the group members (Allan) paid an extremely low contribution to this final assignment. Malaysian Mores culture was “work fun play hard”, so, I was very enjoyable all the time in the progress of doing this assignment.

Other than that, come to the very important point here – decision making and division of task. All of us are willing to take the task voluntary. The decision making process was extremely easy because all of us are flexible and hold an optimism thinking. Keep improving was one of our strength.

Again, Bravo and well done to everyone.

9. Personal evaluation of your own effort and that of your team?

As a team leader, surely I m handling more job task if compare with others. But, due to have a very flexible teammates, my job as a team leader can be handle easily. My job just hold an meeting, set the objective, vision and mission, lead them to the right direction and distribute of task. Other than this I m doing the same job as my teammates such as searching information, doing individual report, design my own part of the final assignment and so on.

As a team, we paid a very equal contribution toward this assignment. I grab this chance here to strongly emphasize that, every members do paid a very good effort in order to done this final project perfectly. For example, searching for the tutorial on how to do the flash, the flash effect and so on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah Teh, how are you? I'm teaching the Digital Media class, so I refer my students to your blog. Hope all things go well for you and if you still keep in touch with your gangs, my best regards to all of them as well.

åh-†ёh² said...

dear Lydia,

i m fine..how do you do?
haha~yaya...everything going very fine here,now working as IT Concultant and setting up my own IT business,this sem dont have any subject for me to take,so work 1st.

hope everything is fine for you as well.

Anywhere..welcome all junior-junior or senior senior yang disayangi visit my blog..hope wont too bad for you all..

Thanks.

Regards,
Teh